Loremaster Alec's Pub

The Quill and Saber Tavern prides itself on excellent service, good food, cool drinks, a warm fire, hot barkeeps, and good friends. Enjoy your stay. No brawling.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Luxury in a Cup

Does anything taste better than a hot cup of Earl Grey with a bit of sugar and milk? Does anything smell better? I know that we usually prefer to have an ale or stout here in the tavern, but we shall take a few moments to appreciate a nice black tea. If Earl Grey is not to your taste, I have several others to offer: English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, Lady Grey. I also have plenty of honey, sugar, and milk, so you can sweeten your tea to taste.

I know that some folks really enjoy visiting the coffeehouses and drinking the exotic beverage for which those establishments have been named. To tell the truth, that bitter brew turns my stomach in knots. It smells so good, but I know that I can only drink it at my own peril.

Once upon a time, my best friend and I met at a coffeehouse every Friday afternoon to talk about the week, our friends, our studies, and our relationships. I don't recall having any probloem with coffee back then, though I usually drank some sort of specialty drink that combined coffee and chocolate.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Do you serve Bud light? *grin*

7:35 PM  
Blogger arkie said...

I never know what kind of tea to order - being from the south, I only learned one way to drink tea while growing up - Sweet and over ice.

7:57 PM  
Blogger mm said...

Tea has always been my drink of choice (over coffee). Just sugar for me. I met an English guy on a cruise and he told me about adding milk, said it was the "right" way to drink it. I did it, because he was super cute, but afterwards I went back to just sugar.

8:37 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

I don't do sweeten tea at all. I like mine unsweet (tea too)

10:02 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oooh goody! It's tea time!

*passes out tea & scones for all of the pub visitors*

Just doin' my job!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home