Loremaster Alec's Pub

The Quill and Saber Tavern prides itself on excellent service, good food, cool drinks, a warm fire, hot barkeeps, and good friends. Enjoy your stay. No brawling.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

New Maps

I have taken a few moments to draw some new maps so those of you new to this fair town can find your way around.

Putting these maps together was a bit of an odd process. It seems that many of my favorite places, especially the taverns and coffeehouses, never bother to have broadsides or pamphlets printed to announce their services. I wonder if part of the explanation could be because this is an academy town.

After all, good custom is fairly guaranteed at many of these establishments simply because they are situated so close to the academy. Thousands of students walk past them every day and need places to seek their meals, so the taverns do fill up with little effort required on the part of the proprietors.

I am disappointed that I can not point you in the direction of a couple of my favorites. There are others in town that I know are quite good purely by reputation, but I have only indicated how to find those that I know from personal experience offer a good victuals and cold ale.

I will call attention to only one tavern that I have not added to the map: Jerusalem Garden. It does not surprise me that this tiny Mediterranean tavern has not had any broadsides printed. The entire establishment is only a little larger than a hole in the wall. The victuals, however, are delicious. If you ever visit my fair town and you only have time to visit one tavern, I highly recommend that you make it Jerusalem Garden. Try the falafel with baba ganoush. If you arrange your visit during the summer months, take advantage of the patio seating. Nothing beats munching away while watching the town and gown parade past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home