Loremaster Alec's Pub

The Quill and Saber Tavern prides itself on excellent service, good food, cool drinks, a warm fire, hot barkeeps, and good friends. Enjoy your stay. No brawling.

Friday, February 03, 2006

More About Maps

Speaking of doppelgangers, I would like to confirm that I have identified my own doppelganger out there. Many of you have encountered him too. I don't know exactly how he earns his keep, though I get the impression he does most of his work either in a library or from atop a soapbox. I'm certain that is is not anything as much fun as operating a tavern.

I have noticed that some townsfolk have marked me on their maps while others have marked the doppelganger. A few have marked both of us. Given a choice, I truly prefer that latter method. The doppelganger and I are two separate individuals running two different kinds of establishments. There's no reason not to have maps to both of our places so patrons can enjoy both or choose the one they prefer on their own. One of us has not replaced the other, so I hesitate to have the wrong sort of patrons get that idea in their heads.

That being said, I have marked some of my favorite townsfolk on my map, but only those who have visited the Quill and Saber. I will add others once they make an appearance. For some, I have made a best guess about their occupation. If I have made any inappropriate assumptions, please let me know and we can change your entry to whatever you wish. I know that one local weaver was nervous about being confused with a particular kind of Weaver --- as if we could ever confuse the goodness of the one with that hatchet-mouthed, leather-skinned harpy or any of her demon spawn.

7 Comments:

Blogger Zombs said...

You know youpost so fast I can't keep up with you. I think my wagon sart has a busted wheel.

As for the doppleganger I like 'em both. I am glad we get to go to two places now.

I now must go sell a beanbag chair.

10:35 AM  
Blogger volsfan said...

A beanbag chair? What is this? The Lovesac?

11:53 AM  
Blogger mm said...

I think you've named me appropriately. ;-) I'll add another link on mine.

12:00 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Oh! See, I was confused about you and this doppleganger person. I wasn't sure if the map of my town included both roads. I suppose I should brush up on my map making skills. *wink*

2:44 PM  
Blogger Seana said...

Alright, here I am de-lurking in this blog. Please feel free to map me as you wish. I'm updating my maps too.

Do you sell sarsaparilla in this tavern? I haven't had that in years. Or maybe some of this birch beer I heard about ages ago and can't get up here.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Zombs said...

Vols do you want to buy a love sac?

*I looked up haberdasher

5:04 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

OH! I have a love sac already.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home