Loremaster Alec's Pub

The Quill and Saber Tavern prides itself on excellent service, good food, cool drinks, a warm fire, hot barkeeps, and good friends. Enjoy your stay. No brawling.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Adventures of Alec and Lurker: Epilogue

I do not really have any tales to tell today. I just reasoned that since I provided a prologue that I should compose an epilogue to accompany it and bring the stories full circle.

I am sure that there will be more stories to weave. In a little over a fortnight I will travel to visit Lurker and Lady once again. Who knows what kinds of adventures we might have? Given the amount of ale that we consume, something interesting is likely to happen.

On one outing about two years ago, Lurker and I (accompanied by our friend Prodigy) went on a tavern crawl. I do not recall how many different kinds of ales and wines I tasted that evening, but when I returned to the inn where I was staying I immediately collapsed into my bed. The room was spinning. It continued to spin all night.

The following morning I got into my carriage to return to my own home about two hours distant. I made it about halfway befre I had to stop at a waystation for weary travelers at the side of the road. I had a little nap inside the carriage before I continued the rest of the way home, but my head continued to pound.

Considering that I have these types of adventures more often than I first realized, it is quite appropriate that a certain kind weaver provided me with a pilsner glass of my very own.

7 Comments:

Blogger BZ said...

Lush! My coworker and I were just trading drinking stories over lunch. Alcohol and I have a very intimate history. However, the incovenience of such purchases in the state of VA has severely curbed my intake thereby causing my tolerance to plummet (sp). Nowadays, I have one martini and I'm nice.

8:17 PM  
Blogger momma said...

*waves*

Hi Alec!

9:01 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Alls I got to say is "Chaser"...it really works. If you haven't heard of it you need to get to GNC and get some! You take two pills when you start drinking and be sure to end the night with a huge glass of water...next morning? Good as new!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Just passing through to see how you been.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

Thanks for the shout-out.
From your friendly Weaver.

2:17 AM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Lurker, I don't know the active ingredient in the Chaser but I was at a consumer convention in San Diego a couple of years ago and the Chaser booth was next to ours. They supplied us with the stuff and I have to say that I had no hangover problems even though we went out with customers every night and drank our butts off! Somehow it keeps you from getting dehydrated and absorbs the alcohol...somehow.

8:00 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*grabs serving tray*

*passes out ale to the friendly patrons*

*gives Alec his ale in the special pilsner glass*

*hands out Chaser to those present*

*shifts bosoms in hopes of receiving large tokens from the patrons*

*grin*

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home