Loremaster Alec's Pub

The Quill and Saber Tavern prides itself on excellent service, good food, cool drinks, a warm fire, hot barkeeps, and good friends. Enjoy your stay. No brawling.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Ledgers and Account Books

I was surprised to hear recently that the majority of people never reconcile the balances in their ledgers and account books. They simply trust the bankers and moneylenders to provide the calculations. This did not seem realistic to me, so I checked with several friends. I learned that none of them spill any ink in their ledgers. They have a vague idea how many gold pieces and silver pieces they possess --- and that's good enough for them.

I know exactly how many gold pieces can be accounted for in my ledger. I know all the way down to the tiniest copper piece. I never thought that made me so extraordinary.

2 Comments:

Blogger volsfan said...

Um...is the "cooper piece" instead of "copper piece"?

7:42 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

HAHAH! Vol is funny. But, to your point, I'm never mindful of my account. I know I spend less than I earn. I should use that as my next year's resolution.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home