Loremaster Alec's Pub

The Quill and Saber Tavern prides itself on excellent service, good food, cool drinks, a warm fire, hot barkeeps, and good friends. Enjoy your stay. No brawling.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Blacksmith of the Day

Sometimes when I run errands, I make a point of passing by the blacksmith shop a couple of streets over. Can you blame me? It gets so hot in that little workshop that the blacksmith usually removes his shirt while he labors over the forge or hammers a piece of red-hot metal on the anvil. It takes a lot of muscle to shape metal into useful items, so you always know tha when you see a sign for a blacksmith shop that a really well built man will be nearby. Today's balcksmith definitely proves that point. Among his other responsibilities, he has to keep that fire stoked. I've seen him fanning those flames. Beleive me, he can pump my bellows any day.



3 Comments:

Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Damn, the forge isn't the only place that is getting a little hot!

2:19 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Damn...and the pits too! NUMMY!

3:54 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

hammers a piece of red-hot...

I'm sorry. Were you saying something? I didn't get past this sentence.

Mmmmm... blacksmiths with red-hot hammers? I know that has to be code! *grin*

*drops tray of ale mugs* Oooops!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home