Loremaster Alec's Pub

The Quill and Saber Tavern prides itself on excellent service, good food, cool drinks, a warm fire, hot barkeeps, and good friends. Enjoy your stay. No brawling.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Nervous

I went to a local dancing assembly last night, a special kind of dancing assembly that caters mainly to male patrons. I am often unhappy with the musicians who perform at that particular dancing assembly, but it has the largest space for dancing and is considered the best place in this town for young men to congregate on a Saturday night.

When I approached the dancing assembly, I noticed a large wagon in the street outside the entrance. It turned out that several local apothecaries were drawing blood to help the patrons determine if they had contracted the syphilis or any other diseases that spread as the result of intimate contact.

It has been a long time since I saw an apothecary to have my blood scrutinized, so I decided that since this service was being offered gratis and I was there anyway that I should participate. I do have a phobia of needles, so I had to look away while the apothecary drew my blood.

I try to be as safe as possible when I am intimate with other young beaus. I always use a length of sheep intestine knotted at one end as a sheath for my member so any seed that is spilled does not get exchanged. Still, accidents can happen. I figured that it would be best to be able to say for certain that I know that I do not carry any diseases, to have my confidence underscored by the apothecary’s word on the matter.

As much as I know that I take precautions in my behavior, it is still scary to face the possibility that the apothecary could give me a definitive answer that something is wrong. The apothecary says that my results will not be prepared until February 15, so until then I will be experiencing a state of nervousness that I did not know until I actually allowed my blood to be drawn.

2 Comments:

Blogger BZ said...

KUDOS! It pleases me to learn of your consideration and consent in this matter. It is imperative we realize our actions, precautions (and potential accidents) affect not only us, but others we love and those with whom we're intimate. I sympathize with your nervousness as this is an activity in which I engage twice per year (in addition to donating blood 3-4 times per year). My consolation rests in the fact I know I'm doing the right thing. I'll be praying for you.

8:16 AM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Great idea on getting the blood tests! I am amazed when I hear of the number of people that do not get tested. BLOWS MY MIND!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home