Loremaster Alec's Pub

The Quill and Saber Tavern prides itself on excellent service, good food, cool drinks, a warm fire, hot barkeeps, and good friends. Enjoy your stay. No brawling.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Academy Town

I really enjoy running the Quill and Saber Tavern in an academy town like Ann Arbor. In general, I love living in this academy town. It has such a nice mixture of folk, both town and gown, that keep the neighborhood vibrant.

I love the geography of this town, how the academy buildings are interspersed among the shops owned by local merchants, artisans, and shopkeepers. I love the travelers who pass through the town, especially the minstrel shows and the troubadours who give performances at Hill Auditorium. The open spaces are beautiful, especially the Diag in front of the academy's main library and the arboretum at the edge of town.

I also love all the booksellers and printers in this town. They run some great shops. As proud as I am of my little tavern, I also enjoy visiting many of the others to enjoy the food and drink. In the near future I would like to start drawing a map so others may find them as well, both the booksellers and the taverns. Until then, you're welcome to stay here. There's plenty of ale to last.

6 Comments:

Blogger volsfan said...

Could you please just point me to the taverns? Booksellers? WTF? I got the vodka shot but I am now looking for the beer chaser. Who has the bestest ale?

10:48 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Well, since I'm the head bar wench, (I am the head bar wench, right?) I'll just be here serving up the ale! ...and having my way with the barkeep and the stable boy. *grin*

8:41 AM  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Beer please!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Bloody mary please.

12:47 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*serves drinks to the visiting wenches*

4:08 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I love your blog's "theme."

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home