Loremaster Alec's Pub

The Quill and Saber Tavern prides itself on excellent service, good food, cool drinks, a warm fire, hot barkeeps, and good friends. Enjoy your stay. No brawling.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Strap On The Feedbag

There's some good eating at the Quill and Saber tonight --- and plenty to go around for anybody who wants to share. I have been curious about Master IceCat's meatloaf ever since he distributed a handbill with the recipe over the weekend. Today seemed like a good day to give it a try, so it is the main course here at the Quill and Saber. To accompany the meatloaf, we offer couscous with sun-dried tomato and lentils as well as a vegetable medley of brocolli, spinach, julienne carrots, and peppers. As a treat to finish the meal: peanut butter pie. Enjoy!


Master IceCat's Perfect Meatloaf

1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 cup fine bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup diced fresh tomato
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mushroom
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 tbsp Club House Vegetable Spice
2 tbsp honey mustard
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
1/4 cup tomato sauce

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well then form into a loaf in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until evenly browned and cooked through.

(I made two substitutions: Vegeta instead of Club House Vegetable Spice and Safeway Jazz and Spice Buffalo Wing Marinade instead of BBQ sauce.)

8 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

So, was it good??

2:23 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

Did someone say strap-on?

8:46 AM  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I'll pass on the meatloaf but will have some of the veggies.

LMAO at Carey :-)

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm never been much of a meatloaf maker, so maybe I'll try this. I have no idea what the Club House stuff is. I would assume I would find that in the spice ailse?

Do I get to be the "princess" here? You know, over there on the left.

6:42 PM  
Blogger volsfan said...

Carey, you took my line...I never made it past "strap on"

7:49 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I *heart* meatloaf. The family? not so much.

In other news, I had a calzone yesterday! Yummy!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Puffy said...

I'm not a fan of meatloaf, but I make a great peanut butter pie. Just wanted to say "hi."

1:12 PM  
Blogger momma said...

That's very similar to my meatloaf. Except I can't use red peppers or mushrooms - DH and the Rottens would have a fit.

Now, about this Mercer occupation of mine....I think I like it.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home